The seventh targeted call for Emergency project proposal has been launched. A concrete reply of the Greece-Italy Cooperation Programme to the COVID-19 outbreak, that has affected Italy and Greece in a sudden and dramatic manner.
This call intends to support the Regions of the eligible area (Epirus Region, Ionian Islands Region, Western Greece Region and Puglia Region) in this period of great difficulty, in order to help the civil protection system and the citizen health with important equipment (i.e. face chirurgical mask, medical pump, lung ventilators,).
The total available budget for the 7th Emergency Call for project proposals is 3.400.000€
The project proposal must be electronically submitted into the MIS, by the date of the Registration of the Call document (Reference Number-start date) and for 30 calendar days, until the 24:00 Italian time at the latest.
Eligible Partnerships are:
- Lead Beneficiary: Puglia Region
- Beneficiary: University General Hospital of Ioannina
- Beneficiary: University General Hospital of Patras “PANAGIA I VOITHIA”
- Beneficiary: Patras General Hospital “Agios Andreas”
- Beneficiary: General Hospital of Ilia
- Beneficiary: Etoloakarnania General Hospital
- Beneficiary: Corfu General Hospital
- Beneficiary: General Hospital of Zakynthos
- Beneficiary: General Hospital of Kefallinia
- Beneficiary: Lefkada General Hospital
Under this call, the program aims to respond to the necessity to the civil protection during the COVID-19 emergency:
- Support in stoke up some health equipment;
- Support the scientific research to contrast the pandemic;
- Build a stronger scientific team in the cooperation area.
This call is perfectly aligned with the Coronavirus Response Investment Initiative (CRII), launched by the European Commission to flexibly respond to the rapidly emerging needs. Furthermore, the Commission is open to discuss with Member States the best possible ways to use the European Structural and Investment Funds to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus crisis and intends to assign top priority to adopting all decisions needed for the fast deployment of funds.