Dock-Bi is an infrastructural project aimed at upgrading port areas and cross-border ferry connectivity between the key ports of Brindisi and Igoumenitsa. Did you know that Igoumenitsa is the most important Greek port in trade with Italy? Since maritime transport plays a key role in the local economy of the two countries, DOCK-BI faces a common cross-border challenge: to improve the unsatisfactory multimodal accessibility and fill in the lack of integration and interconnection of transport modes between the two ports. How? Through implementing strategic infrastructural interventions able to boost maritime transport and improve accessibility and integration with ports’ adjacent areas.
The infrastructural interventions foreseen in the port areas of Brindisi and Igoumenitsa are the following:
- the parking area for trucks and cars in transit to and from Greece will be renovated at Costa Morena in Brindisi;
- the transit area in Costa Morena port gate will be redeveloped;
- the access roads to Brindisi ferry port area will be improved;
- the third passenger terminal of Igoumenitsa port will be completed;
- the street lighting at the main roads around Igoumenitsa port will be upgraded.
The ASI Consortium of Brindisi is the lead beneficiary of this project in cooperation with two Italian partners, the Southern Adriatic Sea Port Authority and the Municipality of Brindisi– and two Greek partners- the Igoumenitsa Port Authority and the Municipality of Igoumenitsa.
The ports of Brindisi and Igoumenitsa will be closer thanks to Dock-Bi project: kick-off meeting in Brindisi
The Kick-off meeting of the project Dock-Bi - “Development Of Connections between the Key ports of Brindisi and Igoumenitsa”, co-funded by the Interreg V-A Greece-Italy Programme 2014-2020 with a budget of 2.785.000 euro, was held on 8th February at the premises of ASI Consortium of...